Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Moderate Party: Moving On Without Regret


Dear Friend:

I really didn't want to send this email, so I'm keeping it short.  You can read a longer explanation here.

The California Moderate Party was an idea more than three years in the making and today I am saying goodbye.

Knowing when to call it quits is one of the most important decisions we make in all facets of our lives.  Having turned 30 this past February, I can't help but feel that this was a manifestation of my entire life's experience.  Yet, people weren't taking me seriously.

Although I was emotionally invested in this effort, I have no regrets about walking away.  We'll fix our political system somehow because the current trajectory is unsustainable.  But I can't tell you what that fix looks like.

What I can tell you is that we simply weren't generating the results we needed.  I don't know if that was due to lack of demand, credibility, media coverage, etc.  What I do know is that I'm ready to try something new.

A huge thanks to those of you who believed in this.  Big ideas take a long time before people adopt them and efforts like this move the ball further down the field - even if only a slight distance.

We'll maintain our digital presence and may reach out to you in the future if any pleasant surprises emerge (we will NOT give away your email address).

We also now have T-shirts available if you're looking for some moderate apparel!  Truth be told, there are many ways this effort could evolve, but I need to focus on self-preservation in the near-term.

Feel free to drop me a line anytime at ash.roughani@gmail.com.

Sincerely,

Ash Roughani
Founder, California Moderate Party

No comments:

Post a Comment